Toast

Server Resurgence and Plans for Our Future

Hey everyone, 

The start date for all of our active gameplay will be Wednesday, December 19th.  

We have a server play night scheduled for tonight for anyone that wants to come in and have some gunfights and other fun. We will be handing out assistance for players to do fed robberies and whitelist for anyone who's played cop before that wants to do some feds on the cop side. Don't know how many we'll do but we will keep going till everyone is done.

As you know I have recently mentioned that we have big plans for the server and I wanted to talk about what we intend to do as well as our timeline. One of the major faults of when we launched is we did not fill positions as much as we should have, as well as not having a lot of features in that we feel are important to a playerbase. Well that time has changed and the server is in a much more amazing state, with all the additions to gameplay we have and adjustments, we feel it’s time to go ahead and work on becoming a top choice server for the ARMA 3 Altis Life world.

I personally think that one of the biggest things that helps a server is having cops and staff online and actually in game at all times during peak hours. I think that hurt us on our initial launch by hiring burnt out staff and not filling in the cop roster with active cops. This time we want to fill the empty server roles with players who are interested in playing and being in game more frequently.

Over the course of the next three weeks we will be hiring staff, APS (Police) command, and AES (Medical) members. Up to our start date, I will be personally training all new Admins, Moderators, and other staff with their respective tools as we interview and hire over the next three weeks. I will be available on Teamspeak about 3 nights per week between now and then so message me, throw in an app if you don’t already have one, and come in to my channel. Duck and APS command will be doing the same and have already had many people express interest in APS command for respective positions. Shoot them a message on Discord or the forums so we can have you set up and ready when the time comes. Regarding AES, Badger lives on the server and the teamspeak and is really easy to reach so don’t hesitate to talk to him. If you're a staff member, APS members, or AES member currently, that wants a promotion, please speak up. The higher up in staff you are, the more active you will need to be.

The start date for all of our active gameplay push will be Wednesday, December 19th. From there, we will ask all whitelisted command and staff to play in game and be active, with the exception of during the holidays.

Sidenote: Anyone who has not played since the server was active two months ago, please note there have been many improvements. The gang hideout/arms dealer/cartel, whatever you wanna call it, pays for you to capture and defend it. It pays more, the more people are on the server. A drug dealer has been added by the airport so no more long drives to the salt flats. many new events and AI missions have been added and we are working on several more including one on an oil rig in the middle of the bay. Weapon prices have been reduced dramatically and you can now purchase up to 5 assault rifles on one drug run. 

Regarding the staff positions, the following are all the positions along with a basic description of what we are looking for with people who want to be in them. I would like to fill ALL of them if at all possible so please reach out to me, ITGH, Res, Badger, and Duck.

Founder - Imthatguyhere: Mad scientist. Owner. Does all the hardcore development of the server including map, skins, database, new scripts and missions. Adding and maintaining features, forums, discord, coding, and programming. He's not very fun at parties.

Founder - Res: Weaboo. Assists with all server development. Makes skins. Scans the database for errors and hackers daily. Does a lot of daily backend server functions that no-one sees. The server is his Waifu.

Founder - Toast: Does map editing and file editing for balance and roleplay. Makes map assets. Otherwise can’t turn on a light switch. Is irresistible to women and spreadsheets.

Positions:

Head admin: Overseer of all staff actions for legitimacy and accuracy. Ensures that actions taken by staff are correct by reviewing at the staff members or players request. When staff are unsure which action to take, they will consult the head admin. 
Position 1 - Badger
Position 2 - Vacant (Closed)

Admin: Admins are active in every facet of the server, on the forums, on the teamspeak, and in-game several times per week. Admins must be veterans at dealing with player issues and determining the best course of action. Admins have the knowledge and experience to assist players and staff with anything that can arise. Admins review the support and appeal requests/tickets on the forums and ensure staff are completing them in a timely manner. Admins must be active in communicating with players on the teamspeak and visit public channels. Admins are responsible for organizing staff to ensure there is help available in game or on teamspeak during peak server hours. During peak hours there must be a staff member in game at all times. 

Position 1 - Duckhunter
Position 2 - Vacant (Open)
Position 3 - Vacant (Open)
Position 4 - Vacant (Closed)

Moderator: Moderators are active in game and on teamspeak at least 3 days per week. Moderators assist players requesting assistance or bans. Moderators assist with player requests for assistance in game as well. Backend moderators may operate on the forums to focus solely on Compensation Requests, Player Reports, and Ban Appeals. Moderators must be able to determine proper course of action when evaluating player behaviors and requests. 

Mod
Position 1 - Cheyowen
Position 2 - Nate Gomez
Position 3 - Vacant (Open)
Position 4 - Vacant (Open)
Position 5 - Vacant (Open)

Support Staff: Support staff are active in game and on the teamspeak at least 3 days per week. Support staff assist players in game and on the teamspeak with questions and those in need of help. They also ensure that support requests have the proper information to be handled quickly.

Position 1 - Lance
Position 2 - Perly
Position 3 - Diovin
Position 4 - Vacant (Open)
Position 5 - Vacant (Open)
Position 6 - Vacant (Open)
Position 7 - Vacant (Open)
Position 8 - Vacant (Open)
Position 9 - Vacant (Open)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Even though I haven't been playing in the server for a couple of months I have been reading through the updates and what is going on with the server because the server meant a lot to me. The reason I have stopped playing was because I started playing other games and that was because there was not much going on the server (Player amount wise and event wise), so I had to look for alternatives (other games). I will most likely join you in this eventful day and hopefully I kept my white list as a Patrol Police Officer. I really hope that this turns out for the best and becomes even better than you anticipated. I appreciate your hard work and determination for this server.

Hope you see you on December 19th.

Regards,

Joe Johnson

• Like 3