Sign in to follow this  
Fried Chickon

Current problems stopping our growth and solutions on how to fix them

This post is my opinion of the current problems I see with the server and how to fix them. The whole reason behind this post is to give my opinion of the problems and give a fix I think is reasonable and acceptable. I urge you to post your opinions on all the problems I bring up in this post and if you disagree or agree with my fixes and why.

The current problem with the server is that although the server has amazing features like a actual non-shallow community, different map structure, common server events run by the ACTIVE admins, tons of different options for guns that are all acceptable, a unique APD system with SWAT, Sheriff, Etc, and a custom fed and other server events/places it fails on two very important things that make or break a server

1. The servers economy is a direct turn off to people who first join the server and as Burrito has said: "I've had players come to me and ask if I want their money because it's simply too hard to make money and that they are leaving" (3 occurrences of this not a single thing that randomly happened). I will lay out some simple math to explain why it will be damn near impossible to make enough money to play the server. On the very high-risk side of the scale (Assuming there's a pop of at least 25-30) you will make 48k from a Hemmt Box filled with coke. A hemmt box itself is worth 110k so to make the money back from cocaine you would have to do 2.5 full runs of coke without being robbed before any profit is actually made. This will be impossible due to the centralized map focusing itself right on top of cocaine processor. With the fact that a cartel fighting loadout costs ~25k I would suggest making the profits from a Tempest device run from 25k a run to 55k and make cartel loadouts 13k each) Averaging out to 4 loadouts per run in a medium risk truck with a high-risk run. Despite all the amazing things the server has to offer not many people will be willing to come off servers they are already established on just to come on here and grind back up all there money with how difficult it is to do that right now. It just isn't worth the work for them. But if we made it a bit easier but no so easy that is ruins the economy they might be tempted to get off their current server and come on here

2. Besides arms there's no place for rebels to really duke it out. This is cause rebels to almost have nothing to do besides ruin peoples day doing ruins and fight cops for no gain. With the implementation of my solution, you would give the opportunity for people to not only build a massive ego but also figure outs whos the best and give the rebels something to defend (them being the best) with other gangs constantly trying to take that title over. My solution to this would be to add cartels (Like Olympus with OG, the current arms) and maybe a few new ones to give a place for rebels to fight and really figure out whos the best gang on the server.

If these solutions are implemented I think it would bring the main players from the shallow communities of Olympus, Asylum, and Grand Theft over to a community with a staff team that actually cares and listens to the community.

As stated above I made this post as a way to start a discussion amongst what everyone thinks and what they would see as a good solution so hopefully, we can clear up a path on our plan to populate the server

Edited by Burrito
Chickon couldn't edit it so I made the changes for him.
  • Like 6

I know that the current idea by @Toast is to give rebels better guns but weaker armor and cops better armor but weaker guns. This would only work if you nerfed cop guns to 6.5 and took lvl 3s away from rebels which honestly I dont think would be a good idea. Cops use the best gun/armor they can get in most situations anyways and same goes for rebels. Just balance the two factions because they both have similar gear at the end of the day.

A message to the devs/staff of the server:

You can give the rebels what they want by allowing loadout prices to be cheaper, but can drain bank accounts to keep the economy in check in various other ways. Subtle high pullout prices, paying a percentage of your bounty when sent to jail, higher payment to whoever revives you, increased prices for food/redgull (people dont pay attention to how much they buy of this) etc. Also you can give them toys for them to waste money on: striders, hunters, armed boats, unarmed jets (high pullout), gang houses/sheds, etc.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jaster said:

I know that the current idea by @Toast is to give rebels better guns but weaker armor and cops better armor but weaker guns. This would only work if you nerfed cop guns to 6.5 and took lvl 3s away from rebels which honestly I dont think would be a good idea. Cops use the best gun/armor they can get in most situations anyways and same goes for rebels. Just balance the two factions because they both have similar gear at the end of the day.

A message to the devs/staff of the server:

You can give the rebels what they want by allowing loadout prices to be cheaper, but can drain bank accounts to keep the economy in check in various other ways. Subtle high pullout prices, paying a percentage of your bounty when sent to jail, higher payment to whoever revives you, increased prices for food/redgull (people dont pay attention to how much they buy of this) etc. Also you can give them toys for them to waste money on: striders, hunters, armed boats, unarmed jets (high pullout), gang houses/sheds, etc.

In addition to this, you can also keep the economy in check by adding items that would be really nice to have but isn't essential. For example epi pens and blood bags from Olympus

• Like 1